1) To get a Framingham Public Library card, bring your FHS ID, or other ID with your home address on it, to the Framingham Public Library Main Branch downtown or the McAuliffe Branch in Saxonville.
2) Create an online library account by signing in here with a PIN number. (Hint: if you've never made an account with the Framingham Public Library before, your PIN number is the last 4 digits of your library card number.)
3) Click on the OverDrive box below to get to the Framingham Public Library's eBooks borrowing page:
4) Click "Sign In" at the top right. Then, select Framingham Public Library from the pull-down menu.
5) Enter your Library card number and your PIN number.
6) Use the Search box in the top right corner to search for the book title you are interested in.
7) From the results, click on the cover of the book you want. You can either download it directly onto your device or place a hold on it to get an email when it is available.
8) Click HERE for instructions on downloading the books on your specific device (kindle, iPad, etc.) or your phone. Or, click HERE to watch a video that shows you how to download eBooks or audiobooks onto your specific device.
9) You can choose a 7, 14 or 21 day loan period. The book disappears from your reader at the end of that period. If nobody else is waiting for it, you can renew it.
10) You can also download the OverDrive app to read eBooks on your phone: